Monday, June 1, 2009

Lindsay's trip to the Sacramento Zoo


Here's Lindsay taking a nap on the long, hot bus ride home. She was worn out after a long day!


A few weeks ago Lindsay and I (and the rest of Turtle Bay's Kindergarteners) went on a field trip to the Sacramento Zoo. I personally am not a huge fan of this zoo (kind of small and dirty in my opinion), but Lindsay was dying to have me go as a chaparone. Anyway, we ended up having a blast together (it's not often I get to spend a whole day with just Lindsay and none of her siblings). We left the school at 7:00 am and got back about 5:30pm. Let me just say . . . LONG DAY!! We had a so much fun together though, and really enjoyed wandering around the zoo with her friend Aydan! (I only had to chaparone the two of them, so that's not too bad). I really would have enjoyed it if it weren't for the 3 1/2 hour bus ride home on a 95 degree day without any AC. (Next time I'm driving!!) Anyway, here are a few pics to commemorate the occasion!!







This is the Orangutan, not Lindsay!! Isn't it cool that he's wearing pants on his head and staring straight at us?!




Lindsay and the Pink Flamingos, this was her favorite part of the zoo!












Waiting in the super long line to ride the train around the zoo! All of them are wearing red scarves because that's how Mrs. Jones keeps track of which kids are hers.




2 comments:

  1. One-on-One time is so precious, there is never enough of it to go around. I love Zoos. I used to say that my life is such a zoo, that it is nice to go and see the other animals, but the truth is that with certain rare exceptions (cats, yuck) I just love animals.

    Love ya,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think that the red scarves are a good idea. I should get Karen one so that I can find her in large crowds.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete