Friday, June 26, 2009

Jerry's Basketball Injury

We are always laughing about Jerry and his injuries. He ALWAYS thinks he has sprained or broken or pulled something and then it is healed the next day (or in an hour . . . or in a couple of minutes). So, when he came home from basketball on Monday and told me he had sprained his ankle, I have to admit I just laughed it off. But, it turns out he really did sprain it, and it has been looking pretty nasty and swollen all week.


Ok, so he was right and I was wrong . . . I admit it! And I thought it might be appropriate to have a few pictures to commemorate the occasion! :-)
Hello marshmellow man!! (I don't know how he can even get his shoes on, but he's been managing ok so far)

It is purple all along the bottom of the foot and part of the way up the leg . . . poor guy!

I think I would probably feel more sympathetic about the whole thing if he would take my advice and take a little time off from basketball. But, he played Monday after he sprained it and he has gone both Wednesday and Friday too, so I guess he's probably going to survive! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a bruise! Bryan sprained his ankle a few months ago in basketball, too. It seems to come with the game! I hope Jerry heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! Did he have it X-rayed? The bruising at the bottom of his foot (especially dark purple or black) could indicate a hairline fracture. But it will probably heal faster than a sprain left untreated anyway.

    Love you and wish we had another reunion coming in July.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I am all too familiar with injuries for the love of the game... whatever that game may be (football, basketball, golf, you name it)... well not me, but my husband!! Boys and their sports:)! Hope it heals quick!!

    ReplyDelete