So, I just have to vent a little of my worry on the blog! I think I might not survive the upcoming week, so I want to at least document the cause of death!! :)
First of all, I have been summoned for Jury duty on Tuesday. And, I won't know until Monday night when I actually have to go in, but I know that I will have to go in sometime this week and at least plead my hardship case. With four kids, one of which has to be taken to court ordered visitation 3 times a week, I am hoping that they will have mercy and let me off the hook. If not, we are going to have to spend a FORTUNE in babysitting. We'll have to split the 4 kids up since no one in their right mind would agree to watch all four of them for the entire day. (Oh yeah, on Wednesday it would be five kids since I watch Marcus that day, and his mom has been unable to find a substitute babysitter). So, we are thinking we could find someone in the ward (possibly my friend Summer) to watch Logan, since he has to have a babysitter who is over 18, then we could hire one of our regular teenage babysitters to come to our house and watch the other 3 (possibly 4) kids. The thing that's making me crazy is that I don't know when, or even if, I am actually going to have to go, so I can't actually make any arrangements. Instead I'm just staying awake nights worrying over it!
And, to make matters worse, my car broke last night. Can you believe it? It is running fine in the morning, and then last night we go to pull it into the garage and it is completely dead. Not even enough battery to unlock the doors. So we jump started it and I drove around for a while to make sure the battery was completely charged. Then I come home and turn it off and Jerry and I start hearing this loud noise coming from under it. Long story short . . . some kind of fan or something is still running after the car turns off, and it just keeps on running until the battery is completely dead. So, now any time I want to start my truck, I have to hook it up to Jerry's car and jump start the battery. The good news is that it starts right up and runs fine after the battery gets a little charged, the bad news is that it only takes a little while after I turn it off for the battery to drain completely again. So, sometime tomorrow we are going to have to figure out a way to get my truck into the shop and get this "minor" wrinkle ironed out. And, until that happens, we won't have a car big enough to transport all the kids. Jerry's car only seats 3 kids and we have 4 . . . something about that math just isn't adding up. So, if the problem with the car turns out to be complicated or takes more than a day to fix, we will probably have to rent a van or something otherwise the kids and I will just have to stay home (kind of an issue considering that we have our court ordered visitation first thing Tuesday morning).
And, to top it all off, I have sharing time to do in primary today, our whole family is supposed to be speaking in Sacrament meeting next Sunday, I have a dental appointment on Tuesday that I keep forgetting to cancel, the girls have a very expensive dance class Tuesday afternoon that I would really hate to miss, Logan has a doctors appt. on Thursday, and I have a terrible cold that won't go away and is really messing with my sinuses and keeping me dizzy with a constant headache.
Ok, I know that was very whiney, but I feel better after having vented!! I'm sure it will all work out in the end . . . one way or another!! Wish me luck! :-)
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! That is one busy week! I sure hope things go well for you! I'll be thinking of you, wishing I could help some how! Good luck!
ReplyDelete